Liposuction is a very safe and reliable procedure. Like any medical procedure, it works best when used properly. For the removal of disproportionate fat, it can’t be beat, but liposuction should not be used as a method of weight loss, and liposuction should not be expected to tighten loose skin.
The Ideal Liposuction Candidate
The Ideal Liposuction Patient is near their ideal body weight and has sufficient intrinsic skin elasticity, so that after the fat is removed, the skin will follow the new and improved contours. Pockets of fat, which form localized and disproportionate bulges, respond best. While some newer modalities of liposuction are claiming to reliably tighten loose skin, the jury is still out.
Skin Tightening Procedures
So how do Plastic Surgeons reliably tighten loose skin? The most common method is through surgical removal of the redundant skin. Abdominoplasty (a tummy tuck), for example, removes loose skin for the abdomen. A Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) removes loose skin from the arm. This liposuction video compares what liposuction can do for the abdomen and arms compared to what surgery can do. The recovery and indications for each are also discussed.
I recently reviewed the current state of Liposuction on KRON‘s Body Beautiful with host Vicki Liviakis. The broadcast was a full half hour, so I have divided this liposuction video into four segments. The second Liposuction Video segment is in this post. Links to the other three parts, and the Liposuction introduction post, can be found below.
Additional Liposuction Information
Additional Liposuction Information is available on the Liposuction Page of DrMele.com. If you have questions about liposuction, you are invited to use the contact form to the left, or call the office at (925) 943-6353.
Liposuction Video Presentation
Please note: The 800 number in the video below was used for viewers to call in and ask questions during the live broadcast. Please do not call it now. For additional information, or to schedule a consultation appointment, please call my Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery office at (925) 943-6353.
FAQs Answered In This Liposculpture Video
This segment on Liposuction covers:
- The areas of the body most commonly treated with Liposuction:
- Abdominal Liposuction
- Back Liposuction (Muffin Top Liposuction)
- Flank Liposuction (Love Handle Liposuction)
- Thigh Liposuction (Saddle Bag Liposuction & Banana Roll Liposuction)
- Arm Liposuction
- Neck Liposuction (Below the Chin Liposuction)
- Buttocks Liposuction
- Favorable Predictors
- Stable weight
- Near Ideal Weight
- Younger Age
- Good Skin Elasticity
- Disproportionate Fat
- Good Health
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Before and After Pictures: Lipo vs. Surgical
- Arm Lipo Before and After Pictures
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) Before and After Pictures
- Abdominal (Belly) & Flanks (Sides) Muffin Top Lipo Before and After Pictures
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Before and After Pictures
- How the location of the fat effects liposuction?
- Liposuction Garments
- Liposuction Recovery
The other segments of this broadcast can be found here:
- Introduction – What’s New in Liposuction San Francisco?
- Liposuction – What Is It? Who Can Benefit? (Part 1 of 4)
- Liposuction – Lipo versus Surgery (Part 2 of 4) (You are here.)
- Liposuction – How to Get Safe Predictable Smart Liposuction (Part 3 of 4)
- Liposuction – The Future of Liposuction (Part 4 of 4)
Additional Videos about Liposuction
- NBC Living Well appearance discussing Mommy Makeovers
- Is Liposuction a substitute for a mini or full Tummy Tuck?
- Before and After pictures of Liposuction, Mini Tummy Tuck and Full Tummy Tuck
- Previous KRON Body Beautiful Appearance discussing Liposuction – Part 1 of 2
- Previous KRON Body Beautiful Appearance discussing Liposuction – Part 2 of 2
- List of all blog entries discussing Liposuction?