Almost 100,000 facelifts were performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the United States last year. It is one of the most frequently requested cosmetic plastic surgery procedures I perform. While rhytidectomy means wrinkle removal, the goal is to achieve a youthful, rested appearance that maintains expression.
This video segment, taken from my appearance on KRON4’s Body Beautiful, discusses the changes that occur with a facelift. Facelift before and after pictures are included. The specific areas of treatment are compared for the rhytidectomy and mini-rhytidectomy. The pro’s and con’s of the facelift are contrasted with the mini-facelift. San Francisco Bay Area residents had their questions about facelifts and necklifts answered live.
The 800 number in the video below was used for the live broadcast. If you have questions, or would like to schedule a consultation appointment, please call my Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery office at (925) 943-6353. Questions can also be asked using the contact form on the lower left aspect of this page.
This video is provided for general informational purposes only. Specific recommendations can only be made after a careful history and physical examination are performed. Some of the topics covered include:
- How popular is the Facelift procedure?
- Before and after pictures of Facelifts
- Before and after pictures of Mini-Facelifts
- Description of the Facelift
- What is a Mini-Facelift?
- What areas of the face and neck are addressed with a Facelift?
- How is a Necklift different from a Facelift?
- Can Liposuction take the place of a Facelift?
- How is the definition of the neck restored?
The other segments of this broadcast can be found here:
- Rhytidectomy (Facelift) San Francisco – Part 1 of 4
- Rhytidectomy (Facelift) San Francisco – Part 2 of 4 (You are here)
- Rhytidectomy (Facelift) San Francisco – Part 3 of 4
- Rhytidectomy (Facelift) San Francisco – Part 4 of 4