Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty) Video – Part 2
Below is a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) video from a recent appearance on KRON, channel 4. The show is Body Beautiful with host, Vicki Liviakis. What follows is part 2 of a 4 part special presentation on cosmetic nasal surgery (nose jobs). Rhinoplasty before and after pictures are included and a closely related procedure, chin augmentation (chin implants) is also discussed.
If you have questions about nose surgery, please give me a call at (925) 943-6353, or use the contact form on the left. Additional information and links are also available at the end of this post. The 800 number in this nasal surgery video was only for viewers to call in during the live show.
Sushruta, the Original Nose Job and Ancient Plastic Surgery
While many consider plastic surgery a relatively new discipline, its origins are documented more than 4000 years ago by the Indus River Civilization of India. In Sushruta’s Compendium (around 1000 BC – 600 BC), Sushruta documents ancient medicine, surgery and midwifery 150 years before Hippocrates.
The Nose Job is one of procedures which defines early Plastic Surgery, and Sushruta is credited as the first to describe the details of rhinoplasty. His compendium shows clearly that surgery and cosmetic plastic surgery have always been linked. Sushruta’s techniques spread from India to Persia, Arabia, Egypt and eventually Europe, and some methods are still used today.
In the next part of this series Rhinoplasty (Nasal Surgery) San Francisco Bay Area (Cosmetic Nose Job) Part 3 of 4) we will jump forward a few thousand years to Gaspare Tagliacozzi, the Father of “Modern” Plastic Surgery.
Nose Job Video on KRON4’s Body Beautiful
Rhinoplasty (Nasal Surgery) Questions
This Rhinoplasty (Nasal Surgery) Video includes:
- Nasal Septal injuries
- Methods used to build up the dorsum of the nose?
- Asian Rhinoplasty techniques
- Septal cartilage grafts
- Ear cartilage grafts
- Rib (costal) cartilage grafts
- Nasal Implants
- Weir excisions – to reduce the width of the base of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty before and after pictures with and without chin augmentation (chin implants)
- Dorsum hump reduction with nasal tip-plasty and nasal tip reduction
- Dorsum reduction with chin implant
- Before and after pictures – chin implant alone
- What is the role of Computer Imaging for planning cosmetic surgery of the nose and chin?
- Types of chin implants
- Silicone chin implant
- Medpore chin implant
- Comparing proportions to size of nose?
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty, building up the nose with HA fillers:
- The form of the nose vs. the function of the nose
- The treatment of Nasal Obstruction
Additional Information on Nasal Surgery, Rhinoplasty and Nose Jobs
This is part 2 of 4 in a video series on Rhinoplasty (Nasal Surgery) in the San Francisco Bay Area. Additional segments can be found here:
- Rhinoplasty San Francisco Bay Area (Nasal Surgery) – Part 1 of 4
- Rhinoplasty San Francisco Bay Area (Nasal Surgery) – Part 2 of 4 (You are here.)
- Rhinoplasty San Francisco Bay Area (Nasal Surgery) – Part 3 of 4
- Rhinoplasty San Francisco Bay Area (Nasal Surgery) – Part 4 of 4
Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty) San Francisco Bay Area Nose Jobs
Click the links below for additional information on: