My most recent KRON4 Body Beautiful television appearance featuring Mommy Makeovers is packed with information that every woman considering Breast Enhancement or Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) can use.
What is a Mommy Makeover
Mommy Makeover is a generic term for a combination of procedures that restore both the breasts and the belly. Since this is very desirable after childbirth, mommies are the number one patients for Mommy Makeovers. The combination is also common after weight loss, when breast volume is lost and the abdominal skin remains stretched out. A Mommy makeover can also be performed to cosmetically enhance the results of Bariatric Surgery. As a member of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons, Mommy Makeovers are an area of particular interest to me.
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tucks)
The previous post reviewed the options for remodeling the upstairs (Breast Enhancement). This Mommy Makeover Video concentrates on downstairs (Body Enhancement). The mainstay of Body Enhancement is the Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty. The procedure allows a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess belly skin and fat. The result is a smoother, firmer tummy.
Mini Tummy Tucks (Mini Abdominoplasty)
When the upper abdominal wall looks good (above the belly-button) and just the lower tummy needs tucking, a Mini Tummy Tuck may be a better choice. The Mini Abdominoplasty operation is a smaller procedure, with a quicker recovery. The fact that it’s a smaller procedure also means it is not a substitute for when a full Tummy Tuck is indicated.
Liposuction can also be used for body sculpting. Liposuction allows areas of disproportionate fat to be removed via small, discretely placed incisions. If your skin has good elasticity, it will smooth out after the fat is removed. The skin over an area of liposuction can shrink due to it’s own elasticity, but if the skin is loose prior to liposuctioning, a Tummy Tuck is almost always a better choice.
Mommy Makeover Video – Breast Augmentation
The Mommy Makeover video segment below was broadcast live on the San Francisco Bay Area’s News Station, KRON4. The (415) number shown in the feature was for callers to ask questions during the show. If you have questions about Mommy Makeovers, Breast Augmentation or Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tucks) please call (925) 943-6353 for more information, or use the contact form on this page to email me.
Mommy Makeover Frequently Asked Questions
This Mommy Makeover Video includes answers to many of the frequently asked questions about Tummy Tucks and Abdominoplasty. Other tummy shaping procedures are also discussed including, Mini Tummy Tucks, Mini Abdominoplasty and Liposuction. Some of the Mommy Makeover Information covered includes:
- What diet and exercise can and can’t do.
- What is the definition of the Mommy Makeover
- Can Tummy Tucks be safely combined with Breast Implants?
- Do only Mommies benefit from Mommy Makeovers?
- How can a Mommy Makeover help after pregnancy?
- How can a Mommy Makeover help after weight loss?
- What differences are there with Tummy Tucks for Women and Men?
- Will Liposuction tighten loose skin?
- What are the advantages of a Mini Tummy Tuck?
- What are the limitations of a Mini Tummy Tuck?
- Why are Mini Abdominoplasty scars shorter?
- Does an Abdominoplasty cut the abdominal muscles?
More Mommy Makeover Information
Thank you for watching part two of Mommy Makeovers. Be sure to watch the rest of the show. Links are provided below:
- Part 1 – Mommy Makeover – Breast Augmentation – San Francisco Bay Area
- Part 2 – Mommy Makeover – Tummy Tuck & Liposuction – San Francisco Bay Area (You Are Here)
- Part 3 – Mommy Makeover – Before and Afters and More Details
- Part 4 – Mommy Makeover – Breast Augmentation & Tummy Tuck – San Francisco Bay Area
More Mommy Makeover information is available under the Categories menu to the left and on my websites. Click the links below to learn more: