Blepharoplasty (Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery) is the third most common Cosmetic Plastic Surgery. Only Breast Augmentation and Liposuction are performed more frequently.
Why is Blepharoplasty so Popular?
Blepharoplasty is popular with both men and women because not only does it reverse one of the most obvious signs of aging, it also makes us look more alert and interested. As we age, the eyelids tend to loosen and sag. Excess upper eyelid skin can block peripheral vision and cause a heavy sensation as it comes to rest on the eyelashes. Excess lower eyelid skin and fat can give lower eyelid bags, even festooning. This can shadow beneath the eyelids and compound any darkness already present due to pigmentation or vascular coloration. Both excess upper eyelid skin and lower eyelid bags make us look tired, even when we are well rested.
KRON4 Body Beautiful Television Presentation
Last month I had the opportunity to discuss how to improve the appearance and function of the eyelids on KRON4’s Body Beautiful. The show is broadcast live and gives San Francisco Bay Area viewers the opportunity to call in and ask questions. The (415) number used during the video was for the live show. If you have Blepharoplasty Questions call my Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery office directly at (925) 943-6353.
Blepharoplasty and Asian Eyelid Video
Eyelid Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
This Eyelid Surgery Video covers many of the frequently asked questions about blepharoplasty including the narration of multiple Blepharoplasty Before and After pictures:
- What does Blepharoplasty mean?
- How is Eyelid Surgery performed?
- What is done during Upper Eyelid Surgery?
- What is done during Lower Blepharoplasty?
- Can the excess skin be removed from my Upper Eyelids?
- Can the bags be removed from under my eyes?
- Can all the fat be removed from around my eyes?
- Before and After Pictures showing the removal of excess upper eyelid skin.
- Before and After pictures showing the removal of excess lower eyelid fullness.
- Before and After pictures showing the removal of excess lower eyelid skin.
- Before and After pictures showing Asian Eyelid Surgery.
- What is the recovery time after Eyelid Surgery?
- What is the difference between Eyelid Surgery and a Chemical Peel of the Eyelid skin?
- How can a distinct fold be made on the Asian Eyelid?
- What is the difference between an Asian Eyelid and a Caucasian Eyelid?
- What is the difference between Female Blepharoplasty and Male Blepharoplasty?
Schedule a Private Blepharoplasty Consultation
If you are considering Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery, whether to improve function or appearance, the best way to get your questions answered is with a private consultation. The specifics of what can be done, and what to expect will be explained, and you can get your questions answered fully. Give us a call at (925) 943-6353 to get started today. You can also contact us via the contact form in the left margin.
Dr. Joseph Mele is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area, East Bay city of Walnut Creek since 1997.Previous Post Next Post