As Breast Augmentation becomes more and more common, the need for Breast Augmentation Revision also increases. Breast Implants are not “life-time devices,” and the reasons for Breast Implant Revision Surgery vary.
Why Have Breast Implant Revision Surgery?
There are many reasons for Breast Revision Surgery, and it is much more common after Breast Reconstruction Surgery than after Cosmetic Breast Enhancement. A mastectomy damages the circulation of the breast, making it harder for the chest to protect itself and the Breast Implant. Breast Reconstruction Revision is usually more urgent and more extensive than elective Breast Augmentation Revision. Problems like infection, Capsular Contracture and breast implant exposure are much more likely in the reconstructive setting.
Why is Breast Augmentation Revision Performed
Breast Augmentation Revision is sometimes performed for urgent problems like infection, but this is not common. One of the most common reasons for Breast Augmentation Revision is to change size, and in the majority of cases it is to increase the Breast Implant Volume. Breast Implant Deflation, Capsular Contracture and Malposition are also common reasons for Breast Revision Surgery. More information about these complications and their treatment can be found in today’s video presentation, and by clicking on the highlighted links in this blog posting.
KRON4 Body Beautiful Television Breast Implant Revision Presentation
On the last episode of KRON4’s Body Beautiful, I discussed how to improve the results of Breast Augmentation. The show is broadcast live and gives San Francisco Bay Area viewers the opportunity to call in and ask questions. The (415) number used during the video was for the live show. If you have Breast Implant Revision Questions, call my Walnut Creek Plastic Surgery office directly at (925) 943-6353.
Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery Video
Breast Revision Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
This television program reviews many of the frequently asked Breast Augmentation Revision questions. Some of the questions answered include:
- Why do Breast Implants need to be Revised?
- Can the same scar be used for Breast Augmentation Revision?
- How Frequent is Breast Implant Size Change?
- How Frequently do Breast Implants Deflate?
- What is Capsular Contracture?
- What is a Capsulotomy?
- What is a Capsulectomy?
- Can Saline Breast Implants be replaced with Silicone Gel Breast Implants?
- How is Capsular Contracture Treated?
- How is Breast Implant Deflation Treated?
- How is Breast Implant Malposition Treated?
- What is my Breast Implant Warranty?
- Can Breast Implants Be Reduced in size?
- When Can a Breast Lift Help?
- Before and After Pictures
- Capsular Contracture Release – Before and After
- Breast Implant Deflation – Breast Implant Replacement
- Breast Implant Malposition
- Overly Large Breast Implants and Breast Implant Sagging
Breast Implant Revision Consultation
If you are considering Breast Augmentation, or have Breast Implants and are considering Breast Augmentation Revision, I can help. Breast Augmentation is one of my specialties. I have been a primary investigator for all three FDA approved US Breast Implant manufacturers: Allergan, Mentor and Sientra. All FDA approved implants are available through my office. Schedule a private consultation appointment today at (925) 943-6353 or via our contact form, and we can review your options and select the Breast Implant and method that is most likely to get you a great result.