Live on KRON channel 4 next Monday, March 12, 2012, at 11:00 AM, I will be discussing the top 5 (or 6) cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. The show is live, so you can call in with any questions you might have.
Every year the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) publish their Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Statistics. The 2011 statistics show a gradual increase in the number of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures.
Cosmetic Procedures on the Rise
Overall Americans had 13.8 million cosmetic procedures in 2011. The majority of these were minimally invasive procedures with the neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport) and dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane and Radiesse) accounting for the majority of treatments.
The Top 5 Minimally Invasive Procedure
12.2 million minimally invasive procedures were performed in 2011. Here is how the top 5 minimally invasive procedures rank:
- #1: Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox & Dysport) – 5.7 million treatments
- #2: Soft Tissue Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse…) – 1.9 million treatments
- #3: Chemical Peels – 1.1 million treatments
- #4: Laser Hair Removal – 1.1 million treatments
- #5: Microdermabrasion – 900,000 treatments
The Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
1.6 million cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in 2011. Breast Augmentation remains the number one choice, while the Facelift and Tummy Tuck are essentially tied for fifth place. Here are the numbers:
- #1: Breast Augmentation (Breast Implants) – 307,000 procedures
- #2: Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) – 244,000 procedures
- #3: Liposuction (Liposculpture) – 205,000 procedures
- #4: Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) – 196,000 procedures
- #5: Facelift (Rhytidectomy) – 119,000 procedures
- #5: Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – 116,000 procedures
For More Cosmetic Surgery Information
To schedule a consultation appointment, please call my office at (925) 943-6353. You can click on names of any of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures listed above to visit the main website, or use may use the contact form in the side bar to send your questions to me. Thanks for visiting the San Francisco Plastic Surgery Blog.