Almost one third of all Breast Implant Revision Surgery is performed to replace a deflated breast implant. But what if breast implants couldn’t leak?
Saline Breast Implant Deflation
Saline Breast Implants can lose 100% of their volume through a small pinhole. Saline is essentially water, so a small rent is all that is needed for complete deflation. The water in a saline implant has a small amount of salt added so that is matches the natural saltiness of the body. Saline is quickly absorbed, just like when we drink water. There is no reaction to it, but the broken breast implant needs to be replaced.
Silicone Breast Implant Deflation
When a Silicone Breast Implant leaks, it may not be obvious. Unlike saline breast implants, the silicone gel that fills silicone breast implants is not absorbed by the body. The gel inside a silicone breast implant is cohesive, and sticks together, resisting flow. For traditional silicone breast implants, the FDA recommends an MRI at three years, and then every two years to be certain a “silent leak” has not occurred. When a leak is detected in a silicone gel breast implant, the breast implant and its contents need to be removed, and the breast implant needs to be replaced.
Deflation-Resistant Breast Implants
Breast Augmentation with the newest generation of breast implants, should significantly decrease the need for Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery. The Gummy-Bear Breast Implants are made with a high-strength silicone gel that behaves like a solid. Even with a large hole in the breast implant’s shell, the filling will not flow out.
Breast Augmentation Video
I had the opportunity to discuss the hottest new breast implants on KRON4 the other morning. The 30 minute presentation on Breast Augmentation was featured on Body Beautiful with me, Dr. Joseph Mele. This is part three of four of a discussion reviewing breast augmentation including the new gummy bear breast implants, made with high strength silicone gel. You can watch it here, on the San Francisco Plastic Surgery Blog.
High Strength Silicone Breast Implant Video
Please note, the (415) phone number featured in the video was for viewers to call in during the live show only. If you have questions, or you would like to schedule a personalized consultation appointment, call (925) 943-6353 to be seen in our San Francisco Bay Area Plastic Surgery Office in Walnut Creek, CA.
Gummy Bear Breast Implant Frequently Asked Questions
The video features frequently asked questions about Breast Augmentation including:
- The new, FDA approved high strength silicone, gummy-bear breast implants
- How to select a breast implant
- The most common reason for Breast Augmentation Revision
- The importance of trying out your goal size before surgery.
- Can new Gummy Bear Breast Implants leak?
- Who is Breast Augmentation done for?
- Reasons for Breast Augmentation
- Fitting into clothing or bathing suit
- Restoring volume lost during pregnancy or weight loss
- Enhancing a normal, but smaller the desired breast
- Demonstration of the new gel, in case of a leak
- Example of a breast expander used for breast reconstruction surgery
- Differential tissue expander that allows for enhancement expansion of the lower breast
- Timing of breast reconstruction after a mastectomy
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction
- Delayed Breast Reconstruction
- How are Breast Implants inserted?
- Incision size and placement
- Delayed Breast Reconstruction
- Smooth Breast Implants vs. Textured Breast Implants
- Shaped Breast Implants vs. Round Breast Implants
- Rotation of Shaped Breast Implants
Other Gummy Bear Breast Implant Videos
- Gummy Bear Breast Augmentation San Francisco Bay Area Part 1 of 4
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants San Francisco Bay Area Part 2 of 4
- High Strength Silicone Breast Implants San Francisco Bay Area Part 3 of 4 (You are here)
- Highly Cohesive Silicone Breast Implants San Francisco Bay Area Part 4 of 4